Last Modified: 12/15/2020
Teknoir LLC is committed to protecting the privacy of all persons who:
• Visit any websites or mobile sites offered by Teknoir, including without limitation teknoir.ai , and including all subdomains, present and future (the Website);
• Use the Teknoir Products and Services.
• When we talk about “Personal Information”, Teknoir means information relating to you or other identifiable individuals.
To make this policy easier to read, we call the Website and the Platform together the" Services". When we talk about “Personal Information”, we mean information relating to you or other identifiable individuals.
Teknoir Data and Customer Content
We collect Personal Information (such as registration and account information) from our customers and users of the Services for our own purposes, such as to provide and administer the Services (“Teknoir Data”). We’re the data controller in respect of this information. Teknoir Data is also referred to as “Customer Information”.
We may also process Personal Information on behalf of our customers as their data processor (“Customer Content”). Our customers control how their Customer Content is collected and used by them. In legal terms this means that our customers are the data controller of their Customer Content. Accordingly, we only use Customer Content to provide the Services to our customers in accordance with the lawful instructions they give us through the Services.
Teknoir Data we receive or collect
When you first register for a Teknoir account, and when you use the Services, we collect some Personal Information about you such as:
• Your full name, username, and email address and other contact details
• The geographic area where you use your computer and mobile devices
• A unique Teknoir user ID which is assigned to you upon registration
• Other optional information as part of your account profile
• Your IP Address and, when applicable, timestamp related to your consent and confirmation of consent
• Other information submitted by you or your organizational representatives via various methods (phone, email, online forms, surveys, in-person meetings, etc.)
• User generated content (such as messages, posts, comments, pages, profiles, images, feeds or communications exchanged)
• Information we may receive relating to communications you send us, such as queries or comments concerning our Services
• Information relating to an individual’s real time location
Teknoir also automatically collects and receives certain information from your computer or mobile device, including the activities you perform on our Website, the Platform, and the type of hardware and software you are using (for example, your operating system or browser), and information obtained from cookies. For example, each time you visit the Website or otherwise use the Services, we automatically collect your IP address, browser and device type, access times, the web page from which you came, the regions from which you navigate the web page, and the web page(s) you access (as applicable).
We have the following obligations
• Delete or give back all data you’ve given us. We’d delete any copies of that data as well—unless the law tells us not to.
• Tell you if there’s a security breach. We support you to identify what’s been breached, contact data protection authorities, and tell any other relevant parties about the breach. We’ll help carry out privacy impact assessments.
• Keep the data we have secret. That applies even after you end your contract with us.
• Show you how we’ve met the obligations in this policy.
How we use Teknoir Data
Teknoir uses Teknoir Data for the following general purposes:
• To identify you when you login to your account
• To enable us to operate the Services and provide them to you
• To verify your transactions and for purchase confirmation, billing, security, and authentication
• To analyze the Website or the other Services and information about our visitors and users, including research into our user demographics and user behavior in order to improve our content and Services
• To contact you about your account and provide customer service support, including responding to your comments and questions
• To share aggregate (non-identifiable) statistics about users of the Services to prospective advertisers and partners
• To keep you informed about the Services, features, surveys, newsletters, offers, contests and events we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us
• To sell or market Teknoir products and services to you
• To better understand your needs and the needs of users in the aggregate, diagnose problems, analyze trends, improve the features and usability of the Services, and better understand and market to our customers and users
• To keep the Services safe and secure
We also use non-identifiable information gathered for statistical purposes to keep track of the number of visits to the Services with a view to introducing improvements and improving usability of the Services. We may share this type of statistical data so that our partners also understand how often people use the Services, so that they, too, may provide you with an optimal experience.
Some of our Services may allow our customers to instantly connect to other third party services, including “Supported Platforms” such as Twitter, Facebook, etc. When our customers link a Supported Platform or a third party service (such as OpenID) to their Teknoir account or when they register with a Supported Platform through their Teknoir account, our customers can choose to instantly collect, process, share and access such third party services and Supported Platform via their Teknoir account (subject to the terms of the license agreements with the Supported Platforms and other third party services).
In this way, our customers can obtain, use and analyze public Personal Information from Supported Platforms and third party services of their choosing, and also create, input, submit, post, transmit, store, view or display Personal Information through the functionality in the Services. Such information can include Personal Information of all types, including but not limited to the following categories:
• User generated content (such as messages, posts, comments, pages, profiles, images, feeds or communications exchanged on the Supported Platforms)
• Contact details (such as name, email address, telephone number)
• Additional individual information (such as age, gender, employer, profession, geographic location, education information, financial status, habits and preferences)
• Information relating to individual’s real time location
Why do you need my data?
To deliver our service, in a nutshell. If you make a request, we use your account data to carry out that request. We also use it to improve our services. We do statistical analysis on info we collect (including usage data, device data, referral data, question and response data, and information from page tags) to analyze user behavior and trends, understand how people use our services, and to monitor, troubleshoot, and improve our services. We might, for example, use it to decide which new feature to build next.
We might use your info to keep our services secure and operational; testing, troubleshooting, and to prevent abusive activity (i.e. fraud, spam, phishing).
We use data to answer your questions. We’ll give you a product intro, tips, use cases, and stories from other customers. We’ll do this via email. We may use statistical techniques that let us create user profiles and segment data. If you don’t want to get this information, whatever form it takes, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your request will be sent to the Data Protection Officer at Teknoir.ai.
Can I see, change, or delete my personal data? Can I oppose or restrict access to it?
Yes. That includes the “right to be forgotten". See below for more information.
How to access and control your information
You have certain choices available to you when it comes to your information. Below is a summary of those choices, how to exercise them and any limitations. You can exercise your rights (see below) by sending an email to email@example.com. Your request will be sent to the Data Protection Officer at Teknoir.ai
• You have the right to request a copy of your information, to object to our use of your information (including for marketing purposes), to request the deletion or restriction of your information, or to request your information in a structured, electronic format.
• Access and update your information: Our Services and related documentation give you the ability to access and update certain information about you from within the Service. You can update your profile information within your profile settings and modify content that contains information about you using the editing tools associated with that content.
• Deactivate your account: If you no longer wish to use our services, you or your administrator may be able to deactivate your Services account. For more information on how to delete your information, see below.
• Delete your information: Our Services and related documentation give you the ability to delete information about the uploaded data from within the service. Once you delete your projects, all the data related to it is also deleted. Once the contract ends or your account is deleted, the user account will be permanently deleted from our systems in a reasonable time period. You won’t be able to access any services that require a Teknoir account. We’ll respond to any request as soon as possible, and we’ll always agree to the request unless it’s not technically doable, or if the law obligates us to keep that data.
• Opt out of communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by using the unsubscribe link within each email.
• Send "Do Not Track" Signals: Some browsers have incorporated "Do Not Track" (DNT) features that can send a signal to the websites you visit indicating you do not wish to be tracked. Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret the DNT signal, our Services do not currently respond to browser DNT signals. You can use the range of other tools we provide to control data collection and use, including the ability to opt out of receiving marketing from us as described above.
When we may share Personal Information
(1) when you explicitly consent to the disclosure of such information to a third party when connecting to a third-party service that asks you if you consent to such sharing;
(2) where we are legally required to do so, such as in response to court orders or legal process, or to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or to defend against legal claims or demands;
(3) if we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the rights, property, or personal safety of any person;
(4) if we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding situations that involve abuse of the Services infrastructure or the Internet in general (such as voluminous spamming, denial of service attacks, or attempts to compromise the security of the Website infrastructure or the Services generally);
(5) to a parent company, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with Teknoir;
(7) if this information is not private, is aggregated or is otherwise non-Personal Information, such as your public user profile information and related public data (such as Tweets, likes, etc.) or the number of users who clicked on a particular link (even if only one did so).
We use industry best practices to keep any information collected and/or transmitted to the Supported Platforms secure. This includes the use of HTTPS with TLS (Transport Layer Security), which encrypts all transmitted data, and JWT protocols for authentication and data transfer to Supported Platforms.
Certain Personal Information, most notably Teknoir log-in details, is encrypted during transmission using TLS. Once validated within our system, passwords are deleted from our system. In addition, Teknoir may use third-party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Services. These vendors have been selected for their high standards of both physical and technological security, including ISO and SSAE16 certifications.
When payments are processed via credit card, Teknoir uses third-party vendors that are PCI-DSS Compliant. At no point does Teknoir have access to your credit card information.
You should bear in mind that submission of information over the Internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via the Services while it is in transit over the Internet and any such submission is at your own risk.
If you are a Logged-in User, it is advisable that you log out of your account at the end of every session and not leave a logged-in account unattended for any period of time, particularly if you use a shared computer or device.
Information storage and international transfers
For our customers with a principal location in the EU:
If you primarily use the Services within the EU, we will process Customer Content (which may include Personal Information) as a data processor on your behalf. Under EU law, you are considered to be the data controller of the Customer Content, and as such you are responsible for complying with applicable data protection laws in respect of the processing of Customer Content and the lawful instructions you give us.
To facilitate the lawful transfer by you of your Customer Content (as a data controller) through the Services to outside the EEA, Teknoir is offering its EU customers a data processing agreement as an addendum to their existing Teknoir agreement (“Data Processing Addendum”). This incorporates the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses (processors) of 2010 (also known as “model processor clauses” or "SCC 2010”).
Please note that the Data Processing Addendum only applies to the extent there is not another legal basis in place to validate the transfer of Personal Information to outside the EEA.
The Data Processing Addendum and some FAQs are available to all of our Customers. If you would like to incorporate the Data Processing Addendum into your existing agreement with Teknoir, please email us and we will promptly send you Teknoir’s Data Processing Addendum for you to complete, sign and return to us.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
You may opt out of marketing communications sent by Teknoir by following the unsubscribe instructions included in each marketing email.
You have the right to access, rectification, erasure, opposition, limitation of processing, data portability and the right not to be subject to automated decisions. You can contact us to obtain a copy of the Personal Information held about you by us. You can also ask us to correct and, where relevant, erase that information. Please note that certain Personal Information may need to be retained by Teknoir for a period of time following cancellation of your account where this is necessary for our legitimate business purposes or required or authorized by applicable law. You have a right to change your email preferences at any time.